Saturday, February 25, 2006

America for sale (aka... no foreign port ownership)

It seems I've been gone for a while. I just hadn't been able to get too worked up recently. Why should I really... Americans still aren't getting it... Bush is still in the White House, he still has supporters, and Americans are still asleep.

It's time for another wake up call!!!!

Americans continue to look at current events from a mistaken and strangely skewed perspective. NO FOREIGN COMPANY SHOULD BE RUNNING AMERICA'S PORTS!!!!

I don't care if it's British, Canadian, Mexican, Australian, Indian, or the UAE... it's still wrong! Is there anything we can actually manage to do for ourselves in this country???? I guess we need to be sure that our ports are run smoothly so jobs (our chief export) can continue to be exported at the blazing rate they currently are.

I find it hard to believe that we can't competitively bid for the job of managing our own ports... what no US company does that?

And here's the kicker... our President who so ardently defends the deal had to hear about it first on CNN... no... really...

No comments: